Chick ID

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by twalker250, Jun 25, 2008.

1. twalker250

twalker250 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2008
    NE Ga Mountains
    Hey All,
    I know it is early, but since this is my first experience with chickens I can't wait to know what breeds I have. I ordered 16 from IDEAL and got the surprise package. Any help with an ID would be great. They are one week old today.
    thanks
    tw
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG]

I wish I could help you, but I'm still learning what my chick babies look like myself! One reminds me of a golden laced wyandotte, but I'm not 100% sure... c'mon guys... help us out! [​IMG]

3. twalker250

twalker250 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2008
    NE Ga Mountains
    Thanks Tori,
    I don't know a thing about what I have, but I thought there might be two kinds of wyandottes. One of them is more brown and the other is more yellow???? I find it interesting how much they really do change each day. Two days ago there were no tail feathers and yesterday just a little sprout. Today they look twice as long. The yellow one with the black spots on its wings did not have any thing but a little black dot three days ago. Maybe in the next few days I will be able to tell more about what they are. Thanks for the reply
    tw

4. alyssa558

alyssa558 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    Durham, NC
    I think I can help with some since I just got some from Ideal, too! I spent loads of time identifying them.

The first looks like my Buff Cornish.

The third looks like my Spangled Russian Orloff.

The eighth looks like a Blue Cochin.

The last looks like a Sicilian Buttercup.

Good luck with the rest!

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    The second to last (black with pale yellow/white) might be a black australorp... beautiful birds, good layers. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by