Chick ID?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by OtterD, Feb 6, 2013.

1. OtterD

OtterD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Southern NH
    This little fella came in a bantam assortment, hatched, 1.29.13. Does anyone know what he might be? He seems fluffier than the others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    I think its a little to early to tell!

3. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Well do you know what the other breeds are? What are the breeds that came with the assortment? Do you know???

4. OtterD

Apr 26, 2012
    Southern NH
    He has unusual markings and I thought someone might have an idea even though he is young.

5. OtterD

Apr 26, 2012
    Southern NH
    No, not at all, a complete mystery. It was a bantam assortment but with extra males for warmth in shipping. I am not sure if the extra are bantams and if he is even an extra. I guess I'll know in a few weeks but he is marked quite differently from the other chicks. I have to do some more investigating.

6. HazelCMAS

HazelCMAS Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2013
    Long Beach, MS
    I am so not experienced with this but I'm gonna throw this out...it looks like an easter egger chick I just bought a week ago.

7. OtterD

Apr 26, 2012
    Southern NH
    Does your easter egger have what looks like eye liner? I call this guy Snider after Dee Snider of Twisted Sister because of his eye liner. I don't know what breeds have eye liner looking eyes and if easter eggers have it.

8. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    I have an idea about what this chick could be. What hatchery did it come from?
    What type of comb does it have?

9. OtterD

Apr 26, 2012
    Southern NH
    From Ideal and I have no idea what type of comb he has. What are your thoughts?

10. HazelCMAS

HazelCMAS Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2013
    Long Beach, MS
    2 of my EE's have eyeliner. One is a very dark black/gray with a mahogany head. It could take some time before you know for sure. I also have an unidentifiable chick that was in a crested assortment. Has the shape of a polish but yellow legs, 4 toes, gold down with a black spot on its head (and a few down its back) and gold/black feathering.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by