Chick Identification Please... Post pictures..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by texascowboy1979, Mar 3, 2011.

1. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

So I ordered some chicks..

Cochins of various colors
    White faced black spanish
    and salmon faverolles

I know what the Cochin Chicks look like
    I know what the White Faced Black Spanish look like..
    but I dont know what the Salmon Faverolles looks like.

It should be as simple process of eimilination, but I got 21 extra free chicks... So Im at a loss.

what do salmon faverolles chicks look like. Plese post a picture. Here is a picture of what Im led to belive are the salmon faverolles.. Ideas and thoughts?

Are these salmon faverolles?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of all the chicks..
    [​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Salmon Faverolles chicks are solid yellow, have feathered legs, and five toes. [​IMG]

All those reddish ones are Golden Campines.

3. texascowboy1979

Well, the 21 yellow chicks I got dont have a 5th toe or feathers on the leg... I guess they made a mistake? Im confused.... the cochin and white faced black spanish order part was right.

4. jnkir7

jnkir7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    jonesboro arkansas
    Quote:e
    where did you get your chicks every time i try to order they say i have to order more chicks

5. texascowboy1979

Quote:I got my chicks from Purely Poultry... The research I did says that salmon faverolle are yellowish chicks with a fith toe and feathered legs... and I dont have anything that fits that discription...

6. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    the mystery chicks could be speckled sussex maybe

7. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    they are pretty easy to recognize.

[​IMG]

P.S. If you go to mypetchicken.com, they have chick pictures for all of the breeds.

The two dark ones look like they might be Golden Laced Wyandottes, and I saw at least one Australorp or Black Jersey Giant in the those pictures.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  8. texascowboy1979

Thats the chick what I saw too for my Salmons.. but nope. Not one yellow chick looks like that... All the yellow chicks, with the exception of 1 White Cochin, are all Standared yellow chicks with no feathers on the leg and 4 toes...

I emailed the company last night... so If I dont hear from them by lunch... Im calling.

Its not that I dont want the yellow chicks or the Mystry chicks which by the way are MEGA adorable.... but I really wanted the Salmons...

9. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
  10. texascowboy1979

Quote:RIGHT, THats exactly what they look like... I wonder.. i guess Ill have to wait a few weeks for feathers to see what they are exactly..

IF they are nice chickens like the Egyptians then I can leave them loose to run the farm. All my other chickens are in breeding pens.. and I have 2 spare breeding pens, one for the White FAced Black spanish and one for the Salmons....

And I ordered 3.8 Samlons and I got 0.0.11 of the mystry chicks. plus 0.0.21 yellow chicks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by