Chick Identity

Kalthia

Songster
14 Years
Nov 16, 2009
Virginia
I ordered 6 - and one did not make it. It was identified as a silver laced wyandotte. My (now 5 chicks) all look different except two.
I purchased 2 Silver laced Wyandotte, 2 Blue laced red Wyandotte and 2 Light Brahma's.

The two biggest (numbered 1 & 2 below) (which I would think would be the brahma's) look totally different, one yellow and one black. I'm very confused.. :)
chicks1-num.jpg
chicks2-num.jpg
chicken_order_13SEPT2022.JPG

Your experienced opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Betty

Send them a photo and see what they say. MPC is not a hatchery, they drop-ship from other hatcheries and hopefully know which hatchery yours came from. They may be able to enlighten you

I ordered them from mypetchicken.com.
I ordered from them as well. I was supposed to get a dark Brahma (we were so excited) but I got a mystery bird instead and I think that they threw in a male on top of that, that I am gonna have to figure out what to do with. I looked where they actually were shipped from and that was Polk, OH so just look to see where yours were shipped. Anyways I did send pics and got refunded for the packing error.

Send them a photo and see what they say. MPC is not a hatchery, they drop-ship from other hatcheries and hopefully know which hatchery yours came from. They may be able to enlighten you
Thanks, done :) now to wait and see..
Not happy to hear they are a drop-shipper... they all came in one package...

I ordered from them as well. I was supposed to get a dark Brahma (we were so excited) but I got a mystery bird instead and I think that they threw in a male on top of that, that I am gonna have to figure out what to do with. I looked where they actually were shipped from and that was Polk, OH so just look to see where yours were shipped. Anyways I did send pics and got refunded for the packing error.
Oh boy - that yellow one is VERY noisy and I have been worried it may be a male... will have to look about sexing them and see if I can tell lol

Back
Top Bottom