Chick in my pocket

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by debilorrah, Nov 9, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

She had pasty bum and I cleaned her bum and she in is my pocket to keep warm till she dries.[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  2. debilorrah

She seems to still have a bump there.... She didn't seem too happy abut me touching it - is this normal or no?

3. Just-Like-Hatching

Just-Like-Hatching Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Dothan, AL
    Yep, and long as it is cleaned up she will do fine. I have found that some chicks just seem to keep getting it once they have done so. But while the warm water is still on there bum, I just try to gently pull out the surrounding down and that helps a lot.

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I agree, one of my serama babies got it everyday. It was the smallest of the bunch. It got to the point where a warm rag wouldn't do it so i ran his bum under the faucet to get it off. I think that should only last up to 2 weeks but mine got over it in a week

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Does it look infected at all ? Maybe try a dab of neosporin or anti cream. Thats what I put on chick butts if they look red/swollen

6. debilorrah

It doesn't look bad at all. I check all their bums every day. And this one had a hard thing on it so her little bottom was under the faucet. She didn't put up a fuss at all until I tried to get the last little hard thing off. Then she started kicking and peeping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by