1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick in my pocket

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by debilorrah, Nov 9, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

She had pasty bum and I cleaned her bum and she in is my pocket to keep warm till she dries.[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  2. debilorrah

She seems to still have a bump there.... She didn't seem too happy abut me touching it - is this normal or no?

3. Just-Like-Hatching

Just-Like-Hatching Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Dothan, AL
    Yep, and long as it is cleaned up she will do fine. I have found that some chicks just seem to keep getting it once they have done so. But while the warm water is still on there bum, I just try to gently pull out the surrounding down and that helps a lot.

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I agree, one of my serama babies got it everyday. It was the smallest of the bunch. It got to the point where a warm rag wouldn't do it so i ran his bum under the faucet to get it off. I think that should only last up to 2 weeks but mine got over it in a week

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Does it look infected at all ? Maybe try a dab of neosporin or anti cream. Thats what I put on chick butts if they look red/swollen

6. debilorrah

It doesn't look bad at all. I check all their bums every day. And this one had a hard thing on it so her little bottom was under the faucet. She didn't put up a fuss at all until I tried to get the last little hard thing off. Then she started kicking and peeping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by