Chick is Ill/ just got them today what could be wrong

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Whimsy, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Whimsy

Whimsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Cecilia KY
    I am sitting with one of the cochin babies in my lap wrapped in a towel. She is not acting well. She is gasping for breath peeping very softly. I have given her Sav-a-Chick via dropper. What else can I do. This is the first batch I have tried on my own and I just hate it that she is not doing well, Every one else seems fine.

She had a pasty butt this morning when I got them at the PO. I gently cleaned it off and dried her well.

2. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    i dont know what to do, but i hope she macks it poor little girl

3. buildingmyark

buildingmyark Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Louisiana
    How is she eating/drinking/pooping? Is she lethargic?

4. Whimsy

Whimsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Cecilia KY
    After sitting with her till midnight and feeding here water I put her back in the brooder. This morning you could never tell I had a weak one?? Who knows maybe she was just more stressed from trip.

5. Kachina

Kachina New Egg

Jul 27, 2010
    I have a 7 wk old polish chick acting very different from her siblings. They are all following mom and digging and scratching while she follows her mama trying to get under her wing. Then she spends a lot of time lying in the sun. I can't believe she's cold. They have been out in the coop for 2 weeks now and all except her are doing great. I really only noted a difference in her yesterday and she is still droopy and listless. She does follow mom and she pecks at the grass and eats her food. She just isn't right. Please help with some ideas. Could it be a food indiscretion being out with all the other chicks, she eats whatever they eat but still eats her crumbles.

6. pnuts

pnuts Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    maybe she just likes sunbathing?

7. buildingmyark

buildingmyark Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Louisiana
    I'm SO glad that she's feeling better! Yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by