Chick is lethargic...help?

HudokFarm

Songster
8 Years
May 6, 2011
Minnesota
He is a almost 4-day-old Salmon Faverolles. When the chicks first arrived, he was by far the most rambunctious and active. Yesterday we worked with him a bit as one of his eyes had feathers stuck to it. I had a post on that as well yesterday. We got it fixed after a bit of work and he seemed healthy when we did that. This morning he is not really moving much. He just stays in one spot, falling asleep. He slept well through the night, probably due to all the hubbub about his eye yesterday. But that exhaustion should be over by now, I would think.

We created a separate area for him within the brooder. Put him back on puppy pads. He is in there with food, sugar water, and a little scrambled egg. We did observe him drinking from the big waterer (that contains electrolytes) this morning. Have not observed him eat today.

He is peeping a lot since we moved him, moved around a little bit in his little box, but is still lethargic. Any advice? I am not sure what else to do for this little guy. Perhaps nature is just taking its course.
idunno.gif

How do his wings look? Are they droopy compared to your healthy chicks? You are doing the right things if he is going to make it. Sorry about him, they are so cute and tiny but sometimes it just isn't meant to be.

Back
Top Bottom