Chick is stretching neck and yawning

jennaaiello

In the Brooder
Nov 26, 2021
Hello! I just noticed my 9 week old chick that I’m habilitating is doing a new behavior that looks like something may be wrong. I typically have her with or near me bc she’s currently an only-chick w/special needs (severe crossbeak). Just today she started stretching her neck and then opening her mouth. At first I thought maybe she got something stuck in her throat, but I don’t think that’s it - it had been a couple hrs since her last meal. She’s otherwise acting normal, has typical energy, and is eating well. Please see the attached video of her.

Hello! I just noticed my 9 week old chick that I’m habilitating is doing a new behavior that looks like something may be wrong. I typically have her with or near me bc she’s currently an only-chick w/special needs (severe crossbeak). Just today she started stretching her neck and then opening her mouth. At first I thought maybe she got something stuck in her throat, but I don’t think that’s it - it had been a couple hrs since her last meal. She’s otherwise acting normal, has typical energy, and is eating well. Please see the attached video of her.
My chickens do that as well, and as Tookie said above I believe they are just adjusting their crop when they do this.

Back
Top Bottom