1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CHICK JUST HATCHED BLOODY BOTTOM

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by OHbluecoop, Apr 10, 2008.

1. OHbluecoop

OHbluecoop Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2007
    Wauseon Ohio
    CHICK JUST HATCHED 7:30 am this morning bottom is bloody or yols sack still attached do I leave it alone or try to remove it ? chcick still damp - walking around in bator- first one to hatch 2 others pipped

2. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    don't remove yolk don't touch chick don't open bator when everyone has hatched take them out and if the hurt one is still alive post back

3. OHbluecoop

OHbluecoop Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2007
    Wauseon Ohio
    ok i will be patient - it sems to be losing some it as it walks around the bator

4. crystalchik

crystalchik Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2008
    Central Florida
    Bawkadoodledoo wrote:
    don't remove yolk don't touch chick don't open bator when everyone has hatched take them out

Bawk is right with what to do. How is the chick now? How are the others? I am sorry to hear you problem.
    Crystalchik​

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  5. Red

Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    We had a chick hatch with this...about an hour after s/he hatched it had all dropped off and the chick was fine. Good luck with this chick and the others [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by