Chick Log:D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LillianMae, Mar 19, 2013.

1. LillianMae

LillianMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    So basically I'm just going to right about my chickies everyday to keep everybody updated on the little sweeties-
    First baby chick roosted today! His name is Copper and he's a Rhode Island Red. I'm pretty sure he's a roo, he looked so cute up on the stick! Everybody was pretty tired out because they had a long day of fun today:D I love these little chickies so much. Tomorrow I am probably going to be getting a Golden Laced Wyandotte to replace the chick I lost. It's definitely going to be a Wyandotte though

2. Kay1993

Kay1993 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2013
    Hawaii
    A chick log? How fun! Early congratz on your Wyandotte...pictures are a must. :pop

3. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    Thanks:) I called into Coastal today and they didn't have there wy's in yet, but my friend is going to another spot and if they have them she's gonna let me know

4. Kay1993

Jan 26, 2013
    Hawaii
    I hope you get one soon [​IMG]. How old are your current chicks?

5. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    I'd say almost a week old by now, I got them last saturday, and they were day olds

6. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    Little babies had their first outing today! it was nice and warm so I say what the hay! I was gonna get some pictures but I couldn't leave them and my mom wouldn't bring me the camera:| All went well, except to chicks who would not stop going through the holes in the side of their cage:D After I put some boards around it though, they played for a while and scratched around, when it started getting cold all went back to the brooder and BAM! It was a great day:D

7. Kay1993

Jan 26, 2013
    Hawaii
    Sounds like it was a great day! I had planned to do the same with my chicks this week but it's been so rainy, cloudy, and windy [​IMG]. Glad you and your chicks had fun!

8. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    I was surprised I could take them out, it snowed yesterday! Thankfully it all melted and the sun came out. Oregon is so back and forthy:|

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by