Chick might be dying

Kantesh

Chirping
May 9, 2020
Last night there were a lot of bugs and my 3 silkie chicks went on a feeding frenzy.Today one the chick is extremely weak. He can barely balance himself and keeps swaying his head when he tries to pick it up.This is how the chick looks rn.

Attachments

• 16011039885712181240475457942059.jpg
    16011039885712181240475457942059.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 38
What kind of bugs? I would try to get the silkie to drink some fluids, and offer some wet chick feed and scrambled egg. How does the crop feel? If the crop is full and hard, do not feed, but give water. Sorry about your chicken, but I have not dealt with that before.

What kind of bugs? I would try to get the silkie to drink some fluids, and offer some wet chick feed and scrambled egg. How does the crop feel? If the crop is full and hard, do not feed, but give water. Sorry about your chicken, but I have not dealt with that before.
The crop is empty.He can barely open his eyes.He is extremely stinky .I'm scared he might not make it.

Do you have any idea why he is stinky? Is the odor coming through the beak or from the crop, or droppings? Do you know what the bugs were? Any pictures of those? Are you other chickens who ate them sick? Can you see a vet this morning?

Were the "bugs" dark beetles about half an inch long? Where did they come from?

Are any of the other chicks acting lethargic, standing around not active?

I'm sorry, but this particular chick is very likely to die within the next few hours, and there isn't much to be done for it. But if you can give us more information by answering our questions, we might be able to help you save your other chicks.

There are no vets near my area who know how to treat chickens. I have three chicks in total .The other two are completely fine. The smell is very putrid and is coming from the body and its anus .The chick can barely lift its head .I thought it was going to die but It survived last night .

Attachments

• 16010338485492257189592453050064 (1).jpg
    16010338485492257189592453050064 (1).jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 26
The vets are not an option I have in my area.People don't keep chickens as pets and if they do they are meant for consumption hence if something like this happens people just kill them.

The only thing I've been feeding him is glucose. I'm scared if I feed him something solid itll just worsen the situation. His body has a very putrid smell.His anus is not clogged the. All his feathers are yellow .He can barely lift his head .What should I do ? Is there any way I can save him ,if not what's the most painless way to put him to sleep?

Back
Top Bottom