chick moves head/chest wierd

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JLaw, Mar 24, 2013.

1. JLaw

JLaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Forestville NY
    One or both of my silkies moves head and chest kinda weird they're about 1-2 weeks i'm guessing.(ts had on sale) So what it does and it seem random and I cant watch long enough to see both do it cause of kids and wife. But what they do is sorta like a snake charmer head wobble and where the chest is puffy on chicks seems to go up and to the right. once they get done doing the snake thing seems they're chest reshapes back to middle and don't look deformed. I thought maybe one of the kids hurt it while we held it but they act normal except when they do this cobra snake thing. I try to get a pic but by time I get cam they are done i'll put one by cage and try to catch them when they do it. Sorry if this is a normal thing first time with chicks or chickens and I don't want to see the kids cry if one dies.

2. JLaw

Mar 18, 2013
    Forestville NY
    ok so I found this site http://www.greenmuze.com/blogs/green-muzings/2208-chicken-impacted-crop-or-sour-crop.html . I picked both silkies up and the one that layed down after shakeing head has a squishy chest and seemed full and bulgeing on right side of her. the other chick almost seemed flat not much in it. What should I do seeing I really don't have the money for a vet and atm only one cage/heat light so cant separate it from the other chicks.

3. JLaw

Mar 18, 2013
    Forestville NY

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by