1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick name boomerang...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Merryment, May 11, 2011.

1. Merryment

Merryment Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2011
    We decided that the name theme this year was herbs. Cayenne, Parika, Cinnamon, Borage, Lavender, Nettles, etc.

When we put them out in the coop & run, one of them would position herself in the door at dusk every evening. "Look" I said, "She's the Gateway Pullet!" And so we named her....

Cannabis. Big joke, lots of laughs.

But since we're only keeping 3 of the 16 pullets, wouldn't you know it? Cannibis has turned out to be the friendliest one!

So now I'm going to have a hen named after a controlled substance, and who's getting the last laugh now?! (Although I suppose we could change her name to MaryJane...)

[​IMG]

2. ozarkmomma

ozarkmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    the ozarks
    [​IMG]

3. Merryment

Jan 20, 2011
    I am so glad I don't have to tell my mother about this... she'd have skint me for keeping Cannabis in the house! [​IMG]

4. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. YYZ

YYZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    Maine
    I never heard of Cannabis before..
    If it fits...where it. haha (The name that is)[​IMG]

6. Merryment

Jan 20, 2011
    At least if anyone asked where they could find some Cannabis, I could just send them round to the coop! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by