Chick NAMES?????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hanh3197, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Hanh3197

Hanh3197 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Bay Area
    What did you name your chicks?
    I can't make up my mind! [​IMG]

2. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    The possibilities are endless. Days of the week, months, colors, baby name book a million there, phone book etc.

3. wades7

wades7 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2011
    too many to Name and most look a like, kids have named a few like queen, ect..

4. Patricia Jane

Patricia Jane Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    Petaluma CA
    Naming can be hard since so many variations to choose from. Mine just came to me pretty easy. Large Marge, Columbian Wyandotte, Berta and Petal, BRs and Ruby. lt brown leghorn. I see your from the Bay Area. What area are you in. I'm in Petaluma . Oh and [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  5. Hanh3197

Hanh3197 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Bay Area
    It is sooo hard to pick a name....
    I'm in Oakland [​IMG]

6. afveteran88

afveteran88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Deerfield, Michigan
    I just call them all "Girls" I have to many to start naming. I did name my rooster Herbie because my wife is from Nebraska and she loves Husker Football. They have a mascot named Herbie Husker. So Herbie is was.

7. krissteff

krissteff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Tennessee
    Petra and Nelle - White Leghorns
    Robin and Ophelia - Golden Comets
    Mary Louise Peckerson - Barred Plymouth Rock
    Arabelle - Black Star
    Chicken Jessi - Easter Egger

Took me more than three months to name the Leghorns, but I think I've finally done it and found two names that seem to be sticking.

8. jessleeh

jessleeh Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    North SF Bay Area
    We did names that had something to do with their breed. Our Barred Rock is "Rockie", our Andalusian was "Andie", our Ameraucana is "Yankee"... Have fun!

9. brownysfp

brownysfp Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2010
    Correze, France
    Quagmire the Barred Rock was named for his prolific sexual antics: open the coop and not a hen is safe. Two other roos, a Sussex Hermine and a Cuivre Noir Maran, are named Flounce and Mr Arsey for their attitudes. Of the hens there's Miss Piggy, a Coucou de France, a monstrous thuggish glutton. The young Buff Brahma has been called Toffee; there's a younger Brahma chick who'll probably be called Caramel. Apart from those characters there are just too many to name - or remember!

10. lovin'my12chicks

lovin'my12chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2011
    My chickens all have the same name........."Here momma's little chick chicks".............they all come running.........it works

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by