chick naming ideas competition

chews chooks

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 7, 2012
northhampton
Ok ... for those of you that read my posts youl know from my past 2 threads that i have 2 little chicks ive had them for 3 days and cant think of names for them
sooooo i am putting this competition on

things u need 2 know
. winning names my or may not be used im not sure yet
.obviously loosing names will not be used

here are some pics of them they are labeled 1 and 2

2 1 1 1&2 1 2

please stop entering on the third of may
i may choose 2 winners before then

again the two winning name may not actualy be used
will pm winners
and the people whos chick names i used if i actualy use any of your suggestions
good luck
oh and nothing nasty like 1 tikka & 2 massala
i let my brother name one of my older hens and he called her chicken tikka masala
but i love her none the less

Last edited:

americana-lover

Songster
7 Years
Apr 13, 2012
Michigan
You could name them based on their personality, thats what I did. If ( for example, #1 ) like to eat seed a lot, you could name he/she corn. Or if #2 ( example ) likes to sleep a lot and/or is very lazy, you could name he/she Dopy, like one of the 7 dwarfs. Jus an idea...
smile.png

melodie_a

Songster
9 Years
Aug 28, 2010
Sanford, NC
I usually pick a theme for my chicks. We started with food names. This time I am using flowers... Petunia,Snowbelle,Dafodil,Lily,Marigold,
Buttercup,Poppy,Juniper and either Periwinkle,Clover or Olive :)

We also have Ginger,Skittles,Honeybun (recently RIP) Jellybean,Sassafrass,Wasabi,Coco,Cleopatra and Batman :).

Last edited:

HauberFarm

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 12, 2013
My daughter wants to name ours after egg dishes. We have 10 and they are about three weeks old now - a mix of 4 breeds so we think we will be able to tell them apart: Scrambled, over Easy, Sunny side up, peek a Boo, Scrizzled, Poached, hard Boiled, eggs Benedict, quiche Lorraine...... need one more..... hmm. I also thought about using names of spices like Cinnamon, Basil, Oregano... etc. My dad named his chickens by food names many years ago - Fried, Broasted, Stewed etc. HAHA!!! Yikes!

MossyoakLane

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 2, 2013
Sonoma County, CA
My daughter wants to name ours after egg dishes. We have 10 and they are about three weeks old now - a mix of 4 breeds so we think we will be able to tell them apart: Scrambled, over Easy, Sunny side up, peek a Boo, Scrizzled, Poached, hard Boiled, eggs Benedict, quiche Lorraine...... need one more..... hmm. I also thought about using names of spices like Cinnamon, Basil, Oregano... etc. My dad named his chickens by food names many years ago - Fried, Broasted, Stewed etc. HAHA!!! Yikes!
Crepes "Suzette"

chews chooks

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 7, 2012
northhampton
come on guys keep entering
u have til the third of may and i want at least 2 pages
its a competition
make it difficult for me to decide on the winners

heybarb

Songster
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
North Carolina
Ours all have "old lady" names - Maxine, Polly, Maybelle, Sally, Maisy, Suzie, Betty, Molly, and Lucy. We've lost - Rosie, Melody, Millie, Ellie, Marci, Nellie, and Nayla.

I think we're going with gem names next like Ruby, Sapphire, Opal, Pearl, etc.

wildriverswolf90

Songster
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
polk county, NC
Joaine, cricket, blossom, lady bug, Dixie, grasshopper, velvet, suede, lady, lil red, cassidy, Sundance, rain, cotton, Jemima , puddle, Lily, rose, daffodil, petunia, pepper and peeper, Tink, sage, Thyme, Panda, oreo, Queen, dutchess, Muppet, Fraggle, Tango, Mango, Skippy, Jiffy, peanut, Sassy, Silver, Solar, Luna, Star, buttons, and Firefly. Just to name a few of my girls

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom