1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick needs new home or comparable age companion asap

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by coltsmom, May 23, 2011.

1. coltsmom

coltsmom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2011
    Virginia, need home for lonely chick ASAP. I did loose one of my 2 EE's this Sun. Found only feathers. The one left behind is 6wk, skittish with people but yesterday I was able to comfort her somewhat holding her. My SL's will not give her piece in the coop with them and keeping her separted she is too anxious even when she can see the big girls. Need to find home or companion chick ASAP.
    Kelly H
    Front Royal

2. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    I just read a thread for someone looking to rehome some chicks, another member told her she should post in the for sale section, you are in the disease section.

3. the1honeycomb

the1honeycomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Yadkinville NC-3yrs
    I live near Winston Salem NC if you are close I will take her. or bring you a small rooster to help you get your flock back. Let me know

4. coltsmom

coltsmom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2011
    Thanks for the replies. Sorry for posting in the wrong section. Chick is going to a great new home today. Right around the bend with plenty her same age and we can visit. Taking thier horse. All is good. Everyone gets an adoption.

5. the1honeycomb

the1honeycomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Yadkinville NC-3yrs
    Great I'm glad it all worked out
    good luck with the horse!!

6. sassifrassi

sassifrassi Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2010
    Toronto
    A horse for a chick? What a great trade!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by