Chick no. 3 transitioned . . .

Nov 7, 2021
Lyric's World
It happened within the 48 hour time period of picking up the chicks soooooo, hopefully there will be no drama with a refund.

I am glad to say the other lil ones are chirping (not the distress peeping sound) and playing in their brooder.

Attachments

• 20220808_105344.jpg
    20220808_105344.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 3
I have never gotten chicks from a place that offered refunds. I've only ever gotten them from two places but one is a farm store and the other is a (hopefully defunct) local hatchery. Both were pretty adamant that I was SOL once I walked out the front door. Where did you get them?
Hoover Hatchery. "Please contact us after you receive your order with any updates and we will take good care of you.

Questions After Receiving an Order​

What happens if I have chicks that are dead upon arrival? Can I get a refund or re-ship?
We will refund or send a replacement for the death loss of birds if you report the death loss at the end of your 48 hour guarantee period. If the death loss is less than 15, we only offer a refund because shipping less than 15 will result in more death loss during shipping. If the death loss is more than 15, we can offer a refund OR replacement at your discretion. As our customer, your satisfaction is our number one priority and we want to ensure you have the best experience possible.
"

Hoover Hatchery. "Please contact us after you receive your order with any updates and we will take good care of you.

What happens if I have chicks that are dead upon arrival? Can I get a refund or re-ship?
We will refund or send a replacement for the death loss of birds if you report the death loss at the end of your 48 hour guarantee period. If the death loss is less than 15, we only offer a refund because shipping less than 15 will result in more death loss during shipping. If the death loss is more than 15, we can offer a refund OR replacement at your discretion. As our customer, your satisfaction is our number one priority and we want to ensure you have the best experience possible.
"
This is true. They credited me for my losses. When I first called, they instructed me to wait for a final count. I did and they credited my account. I was happy that they stood by their statement.

I have never gotten chicks from a place that offered refunds. I've only ever gotten them from two places but one is a farm store and the other is a (hopefully defunct) local hatchery. Both were pretty adamant that I was SOL once I walked out the front door. Where did you get them?
I have only found that they only guarantee up until arrival and to have the post master check the chicks with you and if one or more didn’t make it that the post master had to sign something. I got mine from Cackle. I’m glad she was able to find a place to offer it.

"
This is cool. I haven’t had a problem with losses yet but it’s good someone offers this

This is true. They credited me for my losses. When I first called, they instructed me to wait for a final count. I did and they credited my account. I was happy that they stood by their statement.
I have been sending blow-by-blow email(s). :duc Hope I did not work their nerves too much. They should be up now; haven't heard back yet. My 48 hours was up officially about 0930 today.

Being new to all of this for some reason I am not overly upset. Truth be told I am thinking 3:20 ain't bad. Friends here are sharing worst stats than that. Then there is always the thought that well, there will be more room in the coop for those left :th Clearly, I am going to need yet another coop come spring because I want to hatch some of my own and get to experience that. The time from now til then will allow for me to get to know these and learn how to be a good chickin mamma. Yaw'll should see some of the chicken tee shirts I ordered yesterday. They are a hoot :lau.

Once we get their tractor coop done there are a couple of chicken signs that I have just got to hang. I am looking forward to a wood coop, with a porch, window, looking like a miniature house with some funny chicken signs on them. Oh, and there's the "A crotchety old rooster and a fine hen live here" to put on our house or some such words. Yaw'll know.

Chicken math is REAL. I sorta believed it, until it hit DH. He wants more next year (thank goodness), AND he is building a run w his dad who is taking our smaller coop, so he can buy chickens for him next spring too! :gig

I am very sorry about your chicks, but I agree, losing only 3 out of 20 in this heat is very well the best that could’ve happened. It is so dang hot!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom