Chick noise, when does it stop?

Hence why I cage the chicks inside the coop, they don't get a choice once I kick them out of the brooder. From there, it's up to them to decide when they want to voluntarily go into the coop at night - if they don't go in, they get manually picked up and caged each night until they do.
I didn’t know which one of your comments to reply to with an update but i let her in the run yesterday with the older hens and she flew right back into the coop

I didn’t know which one of your comments to reply to with an update but i let her in the run yesterday with the older hens and she flew right back into the coop
Not surprising. The first time (and second, and maybe third) time out is going to be scary for her, because it's new and she's trying to integrate in alone.

Not surprising. The first time (and second, and maybe third) time out is going to be scary for her, because it's new and she's trying to integrate in alone.
So for the first time today i let her out to free range with the bigger girls and they did quite well. There was some chasing but they got over it. Since i’m not going to be home tomorrow to watch them, i put her back into the see no touch

Back
Top Bottom