Chick Order Messed Up!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by madamwlf, Mar 7, 2012.

1. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Last week I got an order in from Greenfire Farms that was missing 3 chicks. Well, I got my correction order in today and I must say GFF rocks! I lost 2 Legbars and they didn't send 3 Polish. They so made it for it. Got my chirping box and looked inside. I found 3 Legbars and 7 Polish!!! I was blown away!! If you're in doubt about getting chicks from them, don't be. Go for it!

2. no roosters

no roosters Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2011
    Austin
    Congrats! My chirping box is coming in tomorrow from Ideal. I can't wait to pick them up at the post office.

3. Barry Natchitoches

Barry Natchitoches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2008
    Tennessee
    John Blehm -- renouned Ameraucana breeder in Michigan -- pleasantly surprised me about a week and a half ago as well.

When breeding top line birds, problems CAN develop -- and the best breeders control for quality.

So when he was having some expected problems breeding enough high quality Lavender Ameraucanas last year that we ordered, he gave us several options -- one of which was to get the rest of the birds we ordered last year, and he'd send us the 12 Lavenders that we ordered this year.

Since I had kids who were eagerly waiting for their babies to arrive and a wife who had her heart set specifically on the Lavenders, that was the option we chose.

So he sent us 27 Ameraucanas last year -- a collection of the other three breeds that we had asked for, but with no Lavenders.

Then a week and a half ago, he called my wife and I and asked us if we were able to take delivery on a batch of babies. We said yes, so he sent us the 12 Lavenders we didn't get last year -- plus 15 babies that were a mixture of the other three breeds we had asked for last year.

Needless to say, we are not only impressed with the quailty of the birds John Blehm breeds, but his integrity as well.

4. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    Awesome stories!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by