Chick Ordering is So Frustrating!

TillinWithMyPeeps

Waiting for Spring...
11 Years
Aug 22, 2008
Ohio
A couple of weeks ago, I put in a pre-order with MyPetChicken.com I still haven't heard when they are going to ship, so, I called Meyer Hatchery to see what they had available and when, and they had 3 of the 5 breeds I wanted, available to ship out February 23. So, now I have to decide if I want to stick with MyPetChicken to get all 5 that I wanted shipped out (hopefully soon) or, find 2 other breeds that I like at Meyer and get them shipped out on the 23rd. I have no idea when MPC is going to have the ship date set as.
barnie.gif

I feel your frustration. I looked for a hatchery that was close. Cackle is 3 hours away, so I thought ok lets see if I can just pick them up. I only wanted a couple each of several breeds. So I called, yes I could do that. YEAH!!!!......but ohhhhh no, I can't place an order to pick up unless I order 5 of each kind. HUH??? Yes, I can go and pick out just a couple of each but it's the luck of the draw. Sooo..ok, if I have to order 5 of each, them I'll just have them mailed. GREAT..saves me gas, only have to order 15. Noooo, 15 standards..25 bantams..can't be mailed together ...AAARRRRGGH. So, I ordered 10 bantams, 5 standards and I'm making a trip to Lebanon Mo on the 10th. AND I still have to go to Orschelens, because I only want 2 BO, BA & Americaunas. I only wanted 2 each of the ones I ordered also but they are straight run and I'll sell the roos after they get a little bigger. Feeling your pain.

I am with you too kansas chicken mama! I wanted to order a small number of peeps and thought if I drove to Cackle I could pick them up, but they still said I had to have 5 of each breed I wanted. I ended up ordering from Ideal through their small order option. Now I am just hoping they all make it, since I asked them not to put any packing peanuts in...they'll ship out 2/25!

I talked to someone at MPC, they said that orders will go live next Monday, and, it sounded like that was the time that the pre-orders would be processed. This is very disappointing for me, I thought that the pre-orders would already be reserved with Meyer, looks like they won't be.

That means that the Faverolles that were going to take until May anyway are going to be even later. I am going to take them off my list
sad.png

I will probably cancel my order with MPC and see if I can get in on the March 9th Meyer hatch.
barnie.gif

This is even more frustrating than before. And very disappointing as well.

Back
Top Bottom