chick panting

Sorry not enough info.
All the others are fine. They have a large area to get away from the heat if they want.They were all eating out of the feeder for the last 2 days so I figured they knew what was food. I just took away the paper towels this morning. Could it be an impacted crop so soon?

It could be stress... Do you notice this one getting picked on by the others? Are they letting it eat and drink? Did you recently move them from one area or brooder to another?

Is its vent blocked up with poop? The only other things I can think of are stress, heat or ate shavings (if that's what they're on). And then a possibility of illness.

Jody

Hi all,
Thanks for the response. Unfortunatly my little peep didn't survive the night.
hit.gif

It could have been stress. The original brooder I made was a bit cramped for 12 peeps so I moved them to a much larger one.

No one has shown signs of pasty butt. All seem to be eating and drinking. They love running from one end of the new brooder to the other. I have a light at both ends with different watt bulbs. Some prefer the hotter one and some like to lounge by the cooler one. And I haven't noticed any ganging up or excessive pecking.
hu.gif
I have put back the paper towels. Just incase they are mistaking the shavings for food. I will wait a few days before I remove it again.

Hopefully I won't loose any more.

Back
Top Bottom