chick pecked my eye .. then

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by The_Rooster_84, Dec 3, 2011.

1. The_Rooster_84

The_Rooster_84 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2011
    It snatched my eye contact out and by time I could open my eyes it just gulped it down! It hurt quite abit.. its a month old or serama I was inspecting him and I guess I was too close for his comfort... I hope it don't make it ill lol

2. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    I hope your eye is ok!

3. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Chickens can be dangerous held near ones face and glad you are fine and only lost a contact....

Know of a woman that lost the use of an eye after her favorite hen pecked it while she was cuddling with it.

That beak is very sharp and I would be very careful holding your chickens near your face.

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Ow!!!

5. ProudNewChickenMommy86

ProudNewChickenMommy86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    my rir hen loves to try and rip off face parts lol. my ear lobes, nose, bottom lip... i was eating a pineapple once and she ate the bite i had right out of my mouth and got my tongue!!! now that hurt lol. she hasnt went for my eye yet, i'm glad your eye is ok. silly chickens lol.

6. hitgsd

hitgsd Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    One of mine got me in the eye, scratched my cornea. Super ouch. I had to go to the ER, and the Eye doctor for follow up. Makes that first egg woth more then a golden egg.

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Honestly, the strangest story I've ever heard! Hope your eye is okay.

8. chickens? not yet

chickens? not yet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Kingman, AZ.
    glue those contacts in!![​IMG]

9. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    glad to hear it didn't damage your eye! I learned my lesson holding them too close to my face/head. the other day I was cuddling with my 8 wk old silkie and she grabbed my gold ball earring and ripped it out of my ear and ate it.

10. jmc

jmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    back in 2008 another byc er had a chicken snatch his contact right out of his eye; but luckily, as with you, it ONLY got the contact lens....................

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by