Chick peeps very loud unless cuddled near face

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickfriend1797, May 1, 2017.

1. chickfriend1797

chickfriend1797 New Egg

Mar 25, 2017
    I have eleven new chicks, all are really quiet birds. Three dark Brahmas, a silver polish, a blue polish, a partridge Cochin, a gold sebright, a cali grey, a Dominique, a Rhode Island Red, and a Turken. The chicks are great, all sweet and nice to each other, but my biggest brahma is peeping excessively. She's very, very loud and I can't find out why. Their food is unmoulded, water is always fresh, chicken fluff is clean, not too hot/cold, but she seems to be very, very vocal.
    I can only seem to get her to calm down when she lays on me under a little bit of weight, she's very sweet, but I'm slightly worried that something may be wrong with her. She does have a knick on her nose, but it hasn't changed for the worse, only healed some.

Does anyone have any advice for me and my baby?

[​IMG]

2. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    I think maybe she is scared if she has been taken away from her mothet and wants to be cuddled like she would under her mother. She sounds like a cutie!! I wouldn't be worried.

3. chickfriend1797

chickfriend1797 New Egg

Mar 25, 2017
    @Leah567Hopefully that's it! She's wonderful otherwise, I just hate seeing her distressed. I wish I didn't have to leave her for school [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  4. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    :DShe's soo adorable! I think she'll be fine!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by