Chick Photos!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by vanalpaca, Mar 23, 2011.

1. vanalpaca

vanalpaca Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Clyde in NW Ohio
    Here are my new chicks! They are supposedly New Hampshire Reds and Golden Comets and all hens from the labeled bins at TSC, Ohio. Anyone see anything they think is different, PLEASE let me know!

[​IMG]
    This is the biggest chick and we were hoping she is a Golden Comet?

[​IMG]
    Here are half of the New Hampshire Reds girls, what do you think?

[​IMG]
    Here are the other half of the New Hampshire Reds girls, even with the barred feathers that 2 of them have??

[​IMG]
    So the little ones I got on 3/18 and they are supposed to be the Golden Comet girls. I put one each of the others in the box, so 'biggie chick', the buff colored and the barred one are both from the other two pics of the NHR's above. You can see the size differences. They are each about a week apart in the shipments. Big chick weighs in at 8 oz now and the medium sized ones are between 4.5-5.0 ounces.

So is this usual for the NHR to come out in different feather patterns? Haven't found out YET what hatchery they came from to TSC.

Having LOADS of fun with them and so far they are all doing well! 18 in all. Boy am I in TROUBLE!![​IMG]

2. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    cuties!!!!

3. petunias212

petunias212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    we're heading out to Orschelin's out here in missouri, tomorrow..we went yesterday but they were all out of chicks and said they'd be getting more on thursday...i tried tsc about two years ago and maybe it was just a fluke but all my pullets turned out to be roosters...aauuggh!

4. aprhardy

aprhardy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2010
    Floyd Va
    Toooooo cute!! They are simply adorable! I have 8 pullets in the basement from TSC. I will send you good chicken juju so they will all stay pullets and no roo's, well unless you want roo's!
    Thanks for sharing your pics! I am such a sucker for the little fuzzy butts!

5. vanalpaca

vanalpaca Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Clyde in NW Ohio
    NO ROOS!!!! Trying to stay under the radar in town. Roos would bring down the noise police!![​IMG]

6. aprhardy

aprhardy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2010
    Floyd Va
    OHHHH! Lots of good pullet juju then!! LOL! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    No noise police!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. newchicks5

newchicks5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    wi
    so cute look good.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by