Chick pics, and some Roo questions! Pic heavy

CowgirlPenny

Songster
8 Years
Feb 17, 2011
South East TN
Here are my ladies (I'm hoping ladies, a few are questionable)

They are 2 weeks and 3 days old!
FYI-my camera's flash is really bright and washes a lot of their color out and makes them look too shiny sometimes.

Production reds, frozen in fear. They aren't really social.
hmm.png

015-1.jpg

black sex links, anyone looking Roo-ish?
sad.png

008-1.jpg

What's down there?

007-3.jpg

This one fell off,lol.

006.jpg

My sweetie girls!!!!! Barred Plymouth Rocks. They are the most social of the bunch. They all wait by the door and jump out, especially the middle one,Lucy. She's my buddy

005-2.jpg

I was trying to take Australorp pics and Lucy came back out.

016-1.jpg

Australorps. I think you will notice the two I question. They are noticeable larger than the other Australorp (who is the same size as all the others) so those two reign over all the other chicks. They legs are giant and notice the way they stand tall, checking it all out? I read that Roo's do that.
sad.png
Any ideas?

025-1.jpg

017.jpg

The biggest one. I'm hoping that the two big Australorps are just food hogs and much larger!

027.jpg

Oh it's so hard to tell with these pics... there are a couple in the 2nd pic I was thinking might be roos, but with them mostly looking the other way, it's really hard to tell on most of them. Maybe try during the day in a more enclosed setting. I know sometimes some could posture like roos, but even little pullets will do that if they are trying to see what's over that side over there.

Quote:
In picture #2, the one on the right is one that I question, even though its supposed to be a sex link. It's comb is not much, but as you can see its nearly twice the size of the other sex links.
hmm.png

The two big Australorps stand like that ALL the time, not just when they are out. I google way too much I think, because I read that in a loud noise, roo's will stand tall like that while the hens will cower down. Those do. I really hope not!!! I like them, and already have two Roo's and no plans to keep any more.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I'd say the chicks in #1 are all pullets and all the back sex links are roosters..
hmm.png

I have no doubts so far about the Production reds, but I'm thinking you are right about the Sex links. Unless that's just typical for the breed, their combs sure are noticeably larger than any of the other chicks.

Anyone care to weigh in one my Australorps? I hope the Barred Rocks are all pullets too, they are SO sweet.​

Back
Top Bottom