Chick Pics from my first hatch . . .

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thechickonthehill, Jan 25, 2010.

1. thechickonthehill

thechickonthehill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Sadieville, KY
    So here are the two obnoxious little darlings from my first hatch ever. I say "obnoxious" because they are so very spoiled. If they hear anyone moving around in the house, they set up a racket until someone comes to see them. Also, Trample Your Hatchmate seems to be their favorite game.

This is Monster Baby and she (hopefully) is 7 days old today. The chicks really like to look out the brooder windows.
    [​IMG]

This is AbbyCadabby ( yes we named them after Sesame Street Muppets). She's 6 days old and shy compared to Monster Baby.
    [​IMG]

Here they are looking out the window again. Monster Baby is on the right and is a little bigger than AbbyCadabby (right now anyway). Monster Baby also has only 4 toes per foot while AbbyCadabby has 5 on each. This is very helpful as they look a lot alike. They are an EE/Salmon Faverolles cross.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't wait to get the second batch of eggs in the incubator![​IMG] I am so very addicted!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  2. LittleGals3

LittleGals3 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2010
    Caldwell, TX
    Too cute!!

3. Turkenlover

Turkenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Colorado
    Too cute!!! [​IMG] I'm soooo jealous. We are planning on moving this summer, so no chicks for us....

4. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    [​IMG]

Congrats on your hatch..

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Adorable! Congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by