1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick Pics! Salmon Ameraucanas and Cuckoo Marans Hatch update

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SunChick, Apr 1, 2007.

1. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Ok I have 10 fuzz balls now. Don't expect much more from the eggs but I have a Dipsy Doodle hatch due on Weds. Here is some pics of my fuzzy wuzzies...

Sunshine State Standards? (teacher stuff) I am a Sunshine State Standard...I am raised in the Sunshine State and I'm a Standard Chicken!!!

[​IMG]

3 Amigos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two different colored salmon Ameraucanas
    [​IMG]

Not sure about that dorsal stripe...going to check with the breeder about what color he might turn out! [​IMG]

Aahh JUST RIGHT
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

cute cute cute!!! Awww, just lookie at the little one sleeping. Safe to say, they are healthy and happy! Thanks for shareing!

3. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

SunChick, that little yellow one must be a Salmon Ameraucana chick! It is a little chipmunk for sure. Good sized muffs and beard already! I can't wait until my Salmon Ameraucana hatch!!! I have one dozen brooding now under hens. I am getting my second dozen of hatching eggs, Salmon Ameraucana, the week of 9-13 April. I hope I have good hatches! I wish you good luck too! Johnny

SunChick, here is the website you were wanting.

www.stormstryderpoultry.com

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  4. bhadrika

bhadrika Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2007
    Mansfield, MA
    Are Salmon Ameraucanas particularly rare? Because the color looks a lot like my mystery chick:

[​IMG]

She was chipmunk-striped as a puffball, and her feathers are coming in grey and this gorgeous reddish blonde color. But we just got a half-dozen Americaunas from MM, so is the salmon color rare and unlikely to come from their stock?

Bhadrika

5. zimmy

zimmy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Orlando
    WAIT.

Sunshine state standards test booklet?

Math? Reading? Science? WRITES?!!

OH GOD, PLEASE, NOT THE FCAT!!!! -hides-

Awwwwww, look at the wittle squishies! -coos-

6. Mama Bird

Mama Bird Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2007
    hey cute chick! [​IMG] where did you get that awsome thermomater?

7. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    DH bought it in a wine shop in Washington DC when we used to live there. Lots of wine catalogs and cigar shops carry them too. [​IMG]

8. Mama Bird

Mama Bird Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2007
    thanks![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by