chick pip, shell off see membrane should i be concerned

LilQtBear

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 10, 2011
Oregon
I searched threads butdidnt really find answer or pic.

I am using a brinsea mini eco that holds 10 eggs. Last hatch when I seen chick chip off shell the beak was through membrane.. this one not...membrane in tack...2 others have piped but not enough for me to see membrane so I don't know what's going on.
Should I be concerned?
106215_2011-11-08_10-35-49_317.jpg

i have one out and boy has it been fisty climbing on the other eggs and moving them around makes me nervious. i have 2 more that pipped last night and now i am waiting on them to zip. that leaves a total of 11 to hatch and 9 to still pip.
fl.gif

Yea I'm trying not to be a spaz but since I mistakenly put them into lockdown a day early I'm workin myself up worried abou humidity

i have read many of times on here that going into lockdown a day early wont cause any harm. with my little one out and roaming around i have one with the membrane showing but as long as i dont see it shrink wrapped its all good

Well the little "dish" in center of incubator I filled Friday morning and was concerned it may be close to drying up. I don't have a way to check/watch humidity. Also last hatch I seen membrane but the chick at least made a little hole in it this one keeps pushin on it, no hole....I have made myself just walk away...eat a little....drink a little....
lol.png

Its only my 2nd hatch in the bator so I'm a nervouse newbie....does it get easier after a few? Will I ever learn to just let it be and let the bator do its thing without having my nose pressed to the window of it???

Quote:
So I assume its your d'unccles that pipped?

i have one pipped d'uccle and two hatched marans and the last 3rd marans looked like its pipped now to...oh why havent my d'uccles come yet i'm gonna cry if they dont hatch
hit.gif

Quote:
good question there this is my first to me personally i dont think that it ever will get easier, might have better hatch rates once you get the hang of it though. i do my best to leave them alone (i have a candling problem that i forced myself to leave the eggs alone and not candle). i had to take the clear viewers off of mine and add more water my humidity dropped by 3% when i did that and that was it. maybe after the first one hatches you might not be as nervouse. i am still on edge as i am waiting for my d'uccles to hatch and i hope they do. boy these 2 little chicks peep a lot once hatched out lol

Quote:
good question there this is my first to me personally i dont think that it ever will get easier, might have better hatch rates once you get the hang of it though. i do my best to leave them alone (i have a candling problem that i forced myself to leave the eggs alone and not candle). i had to take the clear viewers off of mine and add more water my humidity dropped by 3% when i did that and that was it. maybe after the first one hatches you might not be as nervouse. i am still on edge as i am waiting for my d'uccles to hatch and i hope they do. boy these 2 little chicks peep a lot once hatched out lol

Well this machine has had technically aa 100% hatch rate on the 2 hatches its done..but I just got nervouse cuz I don't have any holes or anything to pour in/add water... I have to admit...I QUICKLY lifted dome and added water...its a mini dome so bounces back pretty quick I'm sure
hide.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom