Chick poop has light red liquid around it

honeythechicken

Songster
6 Years
Jan 1, 2017
England
Hey everyone! I'm currently looking after three 7 week old pekin chicks. Around 5 days ago, I noticed solid poops having a very faint red colour leaking on the tissues that I placed around the brooder. There's only two chicks who perch on the sides of the brooder who could poop on these tissues and only one of them is constantly up there - he is more confident and developed very quickly, making him much bigger than the others. I am 100% sure it's this little guy doing the poops. They are normal in appearance and colour, but the water that comes off them is consistently this peachy colour. I will attach pictures to show you guys so maybe you could help me understand what's going on.

DSC_2143.JPG

DSC_2142.JPG

Other than these poops, this chick acts completely normal and looks very healthy. I'm aware chickens can shed their intestinal lining and it could be in their poop. I did notice tiny pinkish red grains(?) in some of the poops, is this normal? If this is just shedding then why would it be going on consistently everyday? Although I did not notice any reddish watery poops today, everything looks normal for the most part. Thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom