Chick Pooping Blood! Immediete Help Please!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenlover09, Jul 28, 2014.

1. chickenlover09

chickenlover09 Chirping

Jul 17, 2014
    I woke up this morning and looked in on the silkie's brooder, to find a bunch of blood! It's not like a few drops, but it's all over. The poop is like all red. I think it's from sully, but chatterbox tends to poke at it so she might have whatever it is too.

The feed store is closed today, so I can't go there, but what do you think the chicks have? How can I treat it? Will they die? Please Help!

2. aatx

aatx Songster

Mar 19, 2014
    Erath County, Texas
    Maybe Coccidiosis.

3. chickenlover09

chickenlover09 Chirping

Jul 17, 2014
    I think it might be. Only Sullie had it this morning, and chatterbox seems to have it now. Their poop is practically pure blood, and a few poops might have something solid in them.
    Please help! Any house hold ingrediets that can cure this? How do I treat it? I can order something (I don't know what) online, but it takes at least a week to get here!

Will they stay alive?

4. aatx

aatx Songster

Mar 19, 2014
    Erath County, Texas
    It kills quickly. Can you get Corid tomorrow? There are threads with the dosage.

5. Did you get the Corid yet and ACV wont do anything but prolong the life of your chicken a few days but it hill help .....

Please update ......

6. chickenlover09

chickenlover09 Chirping

Jul 17, 2014
    Okay, the silkies are eating, sullie isn't eating as much. It also looks like the chicks outside have it. But i'm not positive.

I can get the Corid today but the chicks won't be able to have it until the end of the day.

7. Stiggy

Stiggy Songster

Apr 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    It's important to treat them all if they have all been in contact with the sick one . Just to cover the bases at minimum. Coccidiosis can breed in wet and dirty ground so making sure they have access to fresh ground/ renewing the pen floor and taking away pooped on bits is also important

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by