Chick problems

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chicklens11, Mar 15, 2013.

1. chicklens11

chicklens11 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2013
    My 8 chicks were doin fine till I checked on them this morning and found out that one of them were bleeding a little the others were peckin at its tail feathers so I divided the brooder and put that one by its self what should I do or what is the problem

2. kellysmall87

kellysmall87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sometimes they just pick on the littlest or if it has injured itself and started bleeding, then they will continue to peck at the injury. You did the right thing by separating it. Try re-intergrating them once the chick is better.

3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    buy rooster booster peck no more and put it on the chick it treats the wound with tea tree oil, covers the appearence of blood and it stops the others from pecking her. i used this on my chicks when my pullet was pecking and bullying them. it works like a charm! my bird pecked once that was all it took because i put it on my chicks back it was soooo nasty to her she stopped pecking them completely! i stopped using it she still won't peck them anymore! it won't hurt the chicks at all. its about 6 dollars at the feed store. i can honnestly say it worked like a charm for me! yes it smells strong but that's the point. it stops that pecking fast! its a thick purpleish lotion. it works amazingly! also treats the wounds and covers blood. great stuff! i keep it on hand incase someone starts pecking where they shouldnt.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by