1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick Rearing!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Golden Goosey, May 19, 2016.

1. Golden Goosey

Golden Goosey Just Hatched

May 19, 2016
    After months- years- of searching website after website, desperate to grasp perfection when raising young poultry, I have decided to ask people with experience
    Like you!
    Please share with me all the tips and tricks and basics of raising chicks, geese, roosters into the best adult they can be.
    What is the best bedding? Your experiences? Things to look out for? (my enemy) candling?
    And most;
    Incubation or hen?
    Thankyou!

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

You will find the answeres here! See that search bar up there? Just type in any question you may have at the time.

Type in for example..what to use for bedding? A few different posts will come up.

Roosters? Same thing..just type in a few words of what you are wanting to know. Before you know it, you will find some favorite threads that you will want to stay and visit on.

1 person likes this.
  4. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

The Learning Centre is a good place to start with your questions - you'll find there is rarely one definitive answer.

Best wishes
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please explore this forum - everything you need is here! We cannot insert it into your mind.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by