Chick Sex

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jmjoffrion, Aug 13, 2010.

1. jmjoffrion

jmjoffrion Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Agua Dulce
    I have three baby chicks...about eight weeks old. I bought them from a breeder who said with 95% certainty that I got pullets. I'm thinking he's off by about 20%. I have one Barred Rock and two New Hampshire Reds. Of the two Reds, one has mits the size of King Kong and has a more developed comb and waddle than the other. It is also a little more agressive. Another trait is that the markings on the feathers seem more "lively", prettier if you will. One had a red head and the other had a cream colored head. Tell me I don't have a rooster. I named it after a dead grandmother and it would be a shame to have to have some one else eat it.

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Pictures would help a lot. But if you are thinking one of them is a roo, then I suspect that your gut is right, and you have a roo on your hands.

3. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    Whatever you do, DONT type that title into Google.....you'll get more than what youre lookin for [​IMG]

4. midd2005

midd2005 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Oahu
    Whatever you do, DONT type that title into Google.....you'll get more than what youre lookin for

yeah, frankly, i expected something very different of this thread. thought you had one crazy story to tell.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by