Chick shipping

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ravencreek, Feb 16, 2009.

1. ravencreek

ravencreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Benton TN
    If I were to purchase chicks from someone in Sacramento how would they go about sending them to me in TN? This person is not a hatchery and neither of us have shipped before. ANY help is appreciated.

2. birdsofparadise

birdsofparadise Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    North Kohala, Hawaii
    They probably couldnʻt legally ship to you. Interstate shipment of poultry, even day old chicks, requires health certificates issued by the State Ag Dept. That involves regular inspections for the hatchery, fees, paperwork, etc. I know that you will see chicks on E-bay, etc. but most of the time they are breaking some law when they ship the order across State lines. Its the chicken version of the Mann Act.

3. ravencreek

ravencreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Benton TN
    oh ok....Thanks. I guess I will just have to do without then. Poo.

4. birdsofparadise

birdsofparadise Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    North Kohala, Hawaii
    Why donʻt you just buy from a commercial hatchery, or talk to your local feed store about ordering chicks. Or even cruise BYCʻs forums to find someone near you who has the chicks you want. Let no man/woman go without their chicks!!!

5. GaHermit

GaHermit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Hoboken Ga
    Check my web site www.babychicks.biz My farm is inspeceted and my birds are tested. I am certfied and passed Ga. & FDA. I ship chicks to all the lower 48 states. I ship small orders to back yard farmers. Look me up.

Herm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by