chick sleeps a lot

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sydney13, Jun 1, 2010.

1. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    i have 1 brahma chick who is a bit smaller then the others and is more calm and friendly. she eats fine and drinks fine but she sleeps a lot more then the other chicks and as soon as i pick her up she falls asleep and when i put her back she sleeps. im not to worried but should i be

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  2. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    If she will eat and drink, she'll work away at her own pace. I had a strong chick hatch who died saturday night (about 9 days old), and one who I thought wasn't going to make it in the incubator after hatching who now is the ring leader!!

3. OverEasyLiz

OverEasyLiz New Egg

Apr 6, 2010
    Ya I had a sleepy one... I forced her to drink with an eye dropper then she was happy and alert the next day, I like to believe I saved her life.

4. Rain_King

Rain_King New Egg

Mar 11, 2011
    I have one chick that acts the exact same way. Did yours do ok? The other ones play all the time and she just sits by herself a lot...I'm pretty worried about her

5. looptloop

looptloop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Pilot Hill, CA
    Seems to me that chicks are pretty tired. They get a full belly and fall asleep at the feeder! They fall asleep standing up too. Just make sure they get food and water, they should be fine!

6. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Quote:she did perfectly fine [​IMG] she has grown up now and is a very active and speedy chicken
    Hopefully yours will do the same [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by