chick sneezing

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cheapcheap_jeepjeep, Mar 20, 2007.

1. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    [​IMG][​IMG] one of my chicks(the silver hamburg) is sneezing some. and since I am new to this is there anything I can do.

2. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Need a whole heck of lot more information before anyone can tell you anything. Weather, changes in living conditions, age, anything at all.

BTW, birds do sneeze from time to time, some more than others without it being anything at all.

3. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    Well I got the chicks from a BYC member on Sunday they are about 2to 3 weeks old Ihave them in the house in a rabbit type cage. so I really have not had them long but the chciks have most of there baby feathers.

thanks

4. robin416

Feb 6, 2007
    As long as they are eating, drinking and pooping normally you should probably do nothing more than watch. You just described a big change for them and some will react but it isn't necessarily anything you need to worry about. The bedding could be different from what they are accustomed to. The smells in your house are something new to get used to. Heck, your humidity could be different.

If the feed/water intake goes down, the droppings change or you start to see watery eyes or noses then it could very well be time to take action.

I have one that sneezes her head off everytime there are big weather changes. She's not sick, its just her.

5. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    Robin416

Thanks so much I a worry wart with newbies

6. robin416

Feb 6, 2007
    Trust me, you're not alone. You can't see how many times I check on my new peeps. What am I saying, its not just the new, its all of my birds. If I can't see or hear the guineas I'm outside calling until they answer. If I go in the coop and miss seeing one of the 40 birds out there I'm looking to see where it is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by