Chick stumbling?!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChicksinFL, Sep 11, 2011.

1. ChicksinFL

ChicksinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    Okay we did our first hatching in an incubator. One chick was hatched with the yolk sack unabsorbed, so we kept that chick by itself. Now the sack is gone and chick eats, drinks, poos, and sleeps great... however it stumbles ever couple steps and when it does eat/drink it falls forward into it's food. When the chick walks it keeps it's wings out as balance, it has gotten better but I can't put it with the other chicks as they grab his little wings and not just a peck they grab and pull.

Does anyone have any idea why this would still be going on and if we should just cull it now or keep working with it. I feel so bad it wants in with the others but every time I try the other chicks just are relentlessly picking on it.

2. mommahen64

mommahen64 Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2011
    Attleboro
    Maybe it's just me but I feel like if the chick is fighting, give her a chance. [​IMG] I'm trying to fix up a gimpy roo now...such a sweet little thing. He's trying so I just don't have the heart to do anything drastic yet. I wish you the best of luck with her, whatever you decide.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by