update on him: hes still doing very well and has had no complications since :) (this is the best photo of him i have on hand lol. hes usually outside but i sometimes bring him in to cuddle him)

Attachments

• CFD44C17-7BC8-46F6-A9E8-1A93FB7FB0EB.jpeg
    CFD44C17-7BC8-46F6-A9E8-1A93FB7FB0EB.jpeg
    376.7 KB · Views: 25
Ok, let's address the big elephant in the room that everyone is pretending isn't.
You should NOT be letting birds lick your spit, or french kiss them or whatever.

THey have salmonella, you could get it.
but worse, YOU have crap that could give to THEM, and make them very sick possibly even kill them.

It's not a good habit to get into.
Hug, snuggle, cuddle, ok cool, but swapping bodily fluids, NOT GOOD.

One thing leads to another and then:

Attachments

• chicKID.jpg
    chicKID.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 23
Ok, let's address the big elephant in the room that everyone is pretending isn't.
You should NOT be letting birds lick your spit, or french kiss them or whatever.

THey have salmonella, you could get it.
but worse, YOU have crap that could give to THEM, and make them very sick possibly even kill them.

It's not a good habit to get into.
Hug, snuggle, cuddle, ok cool, but swapping bodily fluids, NOT GOOD.

One thing leads to another and then:
I don’t think every single chicken has salmonella.

I don’t think every single chicken has salmonella.
Maybe not, but can you tell which ones do or don't? I agree with Aaron on this one. Live chickens don't belong in your mouth. So glad this one recovered and all is well. Perhaps the long hair the mom found was causing the problem; once removed, the chicken was able to recover. Very good news!

Back
Top Bottom