Chick that cant be alone

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by AChickenLoverProduction, May 20, 2011.

1. AChickenLoverProduction

AChickenLoverProduction Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2011
    San Antonio Texas
    I think this should go here, being ''Chicken Behaviors'' Today I bought a barred rock pullet, from the looks of her wings I'm guessing she's 4-5 days old. I have a small brooder set up for her in my room, I try to put here in there and she screams her head off! She would much rather sit on my leg while I browse BYC. Ha! Anyone elses chick/chicken do this/done this? She's a sweety though, but she will have to stay in the brooder at some point! [​IMG]

2. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    Absolutely! My chicks would peep non-stop and super loud if I was out of their sight. I sort of felt like a new mom who needed a little break! You're their caregiver and they feel safest with you. [​IMG]

3. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    I know what you're going through! I have a chick that lost it's mother hen and when I leave even for a second it screams! It's making me crazy but I feel sorry for it when I hear it.
    [​IMG]

4. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Buy it a friend - they aren't happy alone.

5. AChickenLoverProduction

AChickenLoverProduction Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2011
    San Antonio Texas
    Quote:I have some more chicks/chickens in the coop. This one is still alittle too small to go out there, I dont want to risk her getting picked on by the others. I just found it interesting, I've never had any other chick do this before. I had one that had to stay alone, and it never scream like she does.

6. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Quote:I have some more chicks/chickens in the coop. This one is still alittle too small to go out there, I dont want to risk her getting picked on by the others. I just found it interesting, I've never had any other chick do this before. I had one that had to stay alone, and it never scream like she does.

Gottcha. The one I had alone for five days or so started off like that, then got quiet and just stared at herself in the mirror listlessly...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by