Chick-Tight Inner Curtain

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
The main problem with electric netting is that for several months chicks can go right through it.

I haven't come up with anything to prevent this that's easy to install and move along with the fence with simple step-in posts yet. We tried attaching plastic netting to the electric net itself but DH decided that we were using too many zipties and it was too heavy. So, U-posts and plastic garden netting. Inconvenient, but it works.

1104210936.jpg
1104210936b.jpg

The main problem with electric netting is that for several months chicks can go right through it.

I haven't come up with anything to prevent this that's easy to install and move along with the fence with simple step-in posts yet. We tried attaching plastic netting to the electric net itself but DH decided that we were using too many zipties and it was too heavy. So, U-posts and plastic garden netting. Inconvenient, but it works.

View attachment 2887501View attachment 2887502
Wait — when you say chicks, do you mean “chick chicks” or are you using that term to include pullets? :) Sorry for jumping in on this conversation from left field. I’m only asking because at the end of this month I plan on getting poultry netting from premier one. My chicks are now 8 weeks and getting robust. Should I be considering an inner fence like the one you are suggesting? Thanks.

Wait — when you say chicks, do you mean “chick chicks” or are you using that term to include pullets? :) Sorry for jumping in on this conversation from left field. I’m only asking because at the end of this month I plan on getting poultry netting from premier one. My chicks are now 8 weeks and getting robust. Should I be considering an inner fence like the one you are suggesting? Thanks.

Chicks up to somewhere around 10-12 weeks can go through pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom