Chick toys

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicken Frenzie, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    I'm getting 6 little chicks, 2 Wyandottes, 1 EE, 1 NHR, 1 LB, 1 BO
    And, I've been thinking about getting toys, since that is the only think I can think of, becuse I need to keep myself busy so I don't go absolutly NUTS! So, any toys that I could get/make for them? I have a few.. are these okay?
    *Golf ball (Lol, so thewy can like roll around with it)
    *A perch
    Yeah... [​IMG]

2. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    A perch is nice and I use a stuffed animal and a cd on a string... They go bonkers for the cd

3. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Good ideas! [​IMG]

4. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    i used a little plastic cat ball with a bell in it.. about the size of a golf ball.. they were more interested in the string than anything lol.. i had to pull it out of one baby's mouth like a worm.. so if you tie anything just make sure there are no ends hanging out. they like a mirror.. but most things are scarey.. i put a piece of broccoli in there just to see what they would do.. they all huddled in a corner till one got brave enough to touch it.. it crept up to the broccoli and touched it.. when the broccoli moved it was like all heck broke loose.. they didn't know which way to run from the big green monster.. it was rather quite funny.

5. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    When my EE's were in the brooder, I made them a pillow to sit on. They loved it! Almost too much. I became covered in poo [​IMG]

6. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    I flip an egg carton upside down with a couple of rocks in it for weight. Make sure they aren't the cartons with holes in them. They like jumping all over them.

7. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    parrot toys work good too. Ofcourse, sometimes the chicks are afraid of them at first.

I have a parakeet disco ball with a bell hanging below it in my brooder. They love to check it out and peck at it.

8. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by