chick treats, blueberrys, wild black raspberrys, bananna peels?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by silkymom, Jul 18, 2015.

1. silkymom

silkymom Songster

Nov 20, 2009
    i have 21 birds, 6 adults, 10 ,6 week olds 5, 3+ week olds, all the oldest ones are treat beggars , im taking the 3 week olds out to get some fresh air for the first time today and want to start giving treats, i have never given fruit to any, will it be ok to give the fruits and peels along with kale and clover?

2. silkymom

silkymom Songster

Nov 20, 2009
    sorry thought i messed up and didnt post, wrote this 2x, dont know how to delete one of them?

3. MaLoTu

MaLoTu Chirping

Mar 28, 2015
    I am not an expert, but I think it is ok. However, I have read on here that more than 80% of their daily food intake should be from the starter food and many on here (with more experience than myself) will advise against you feeding them treats at that age.

4. SammileeChickie

SammileeChickie Songster

Mar 7, 2015
    Southern California
    I think a couple blueberries will be fine :) just pinch them in half so they are easier to eat.
    I have never given peelings so I don't know, it seems kinda weird to give peelings but you can try :b just make sure there is grit sizeable for them

5. MaLoTu

MaLoTu Chirping

Mar 28, 2015
    from my experience, they do not eat the peels.

6. silkymom

silkymom Songster

Nov 20, 2009
    thanks i didnt try the peels yet, and so far the little peeps just had some clover picking,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: