Chick TV on the Bator Channel-Mystery Egg Watch (SAD NEWS)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by speckledhen, Apr 9, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The 21st day is ending and no pips yet. DH rigged up the video camera to the bator in a hole he cut, but plugged up and didn't use for the turner after all (too low). Here it is:

[​IMG]

Today, DH decided to candle since we hadn't seen any movement from the egg. The peep had expired sometime just after Day 18 or 19. We dont know why, just are very sad. At least she had a chance to live that she didn't have in a school trash can. It was NOT a Salmon Faverolle. It was black, I think a Cochin. Thanks to all of you for sitting watch with me.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  2. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    OMG that is too cute!!! What a handy hubby!

LOL too bad he couldn't live-stream it for us! It would be like the Truman Show of chickens!! LOL!

C'mon little egg! We're all waiting for you!

3. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    That's really very clever!

I like the live-stream idea, too...imagine all of us sitting in front of the computers, watching an egg...

Ah..the suspense....

4. Llysse

Llysse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    C'mon little chickie!!! I'm sending energy your way... you vill do vhat I say... you're beginning to feel sleepy, sleepy--er, I mean, pippy, pippy...

:thun

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh my goodness.....im on edge here!! peep peep peep!! Come out and play little one!! Oh I hope it makes it!

6. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    I'm not sure I'm gonna make it here!! I feel like Fred Sanford from.........you know the show from the 70's with Redd Foxx, he and his son ran the junk yard ......Sanford and Son (!)......."This is the big one, Elizabeth, I'm comin'!!"

I just aged myself, didn't I?? Oiy vay.......

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  7. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]
    I'm waiting for your post saying that the mystery chick HATCHED!! Come on, little chick!!

8. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    Oh, i'm so sorry speckledhen. Kudos to you and DH for trying so hard. What a bummer. [​IMG]

9. Claire_Bear

Claire_Bear Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2007
    Garrison
    Well.... You tried so hard and put so much of your time and effort into getting that little guy to hatch [​IMG] ..im so sorry [​IMG]

10. MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Oh speckledhen...I'm so sorry. I know how excited you were. What a shame. But your right, it had much more of a fighting chance with you then sitting cold in a dumpster. Sometimes nature just takes a different turn for whatever reason.
    You have to think that perhaps maybe it just had some sort of "birth" defect and nature being merciful sometimes, took over so it wouldn't have to live being sick.
    My condolences to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by