Chick Vet near Warwick, NY? Anyone ?

ChichiMama

Chirping
Jun 22, 2020
Warwick, NY
poor baby Buttercup, she is about a month old, her legs are totally messed up. Out to the side, opposite directions, I don’t think it’s spraddle or a different version of spraddle... I just need help for her. I’ve tried slings, lego wheelchairs, bands, to try to get her legs underneath her. She keeps rolling on her side with a leg out and up in the air. She is a Serama, growing at a very slow rate compared to her brother...her wings are so long, being a Serama- they totally trip her up and get in the way. she just cries all the time... right now she IS cooing bc I have her in a towel on my neck lol 😓 I’ve had her in a belly bag lol She doesn’t like to be alone , hence the crying. LOL I’ve called all the local vets, I get that it’s a Holiday Weekend, but all of the vet numbers picked up and say they do not treat chicks, and tell me to call the other one. How are there no chicken vets in farm county. Warwick Ny. Any ideas? Please. She is just chin down to the floor. I separated her from her partner Bc he kept stepping on her. She is so cute and sweet. Honestly, I am surprised she made it this far. We’ve had other chicks with issues that have not come this far. She wants to live. Oh and I’ve looked for animal sanctuaries. No one has replied. I’ve become attached and would like to take care of her.. ❤️
thank you.

Attachments

• 3DF77DE4-46FC-40FB-94BC-CC04C5660214.jpeg
    3DF77DE4-46FC-40FB-94BC-CC04C5660214.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 0D3811CD-FBF9-4103-8792-5BEA2A46EBB0.jpeg
    0D3811CD-FBF9-4103-8792-5BEA2A46EBB0.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 3
poor baby Buttercup, she is about a month old, her legs are totally messed up. Out to the side, opposite directions, I don’t think it’s spraddle or a different version of spraddle... I just need help for her. I’ve tried slings, lego wheelchairs, bands, to try to get her legs underneath her. She keeps rolling on her side with a leg out and up in the air. She is a Serama, growing at a very slow rate compared to her brother...her wings are so long, being a Serama- they totally trip her up and get in the way. she just cries all the time... right now she IS cooing bc I have her in a towel on my neck lol 😓 I’ve had her in a belly bag lol She doesn’t like to be alone , hence the crying. LOL I’ve called all the local vets, I get that it’s a Holiday Weekend, but all of the vet numbers picked up and say they do not treat chicks, and tell me to call the other one. How are there no chicken vets in farm county. Warwick Ny. Any ideas? Please. She is just chin down to the floor. I separated her from her partner Bc he kept stepping on her. She is so cute and sweet. Honestly, I am surprised she made it this far. We’ve had other chicks with issues that have not come this far. She wants to live. Oh and I’ve looked for animal sanctuaries. No one has replied. I’ve become attached and would like to take care of her.. ❤️
thank you.
How about

The Center For Avian & Exotic Medicine​

or

Warwick Valley Veterinary Hospital​

Back
Top Bottom