chick w/ curled toes...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenlisa, May 16, 2008.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    my 1 1/2 day old Silver Phoenix has curled toes and I've taped them onto a little flat boot.. hence the name "Boots." Anyways, when I moved them all out of the hatcher this morning and into the brooder, it can't get around well and the other chicks in there are picking at him/her. They range in age from days old to a week or so old. Right now I put him back into the hatcher to have a bit more time alone...what does everyone else do with those little boots chicks? Can they be in with everyone else while the toes uncurl? The SP chicks are tiny ones anyway, and this is even more of a slap in its face with those big chicks.
    Help???
    Lisa

2. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] hope someone will come along to help you out.....

3. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I put it in a shoebox inside of the brooder box, sort of near the light but not under it. Pine shavings on the floor of it, then paper towels, then food sprinkled on the paper towels, a tiny tupperware bowl of water with marbles in it, and another later hatch chick fro company. I taped the legs together too as it was letting that one with the boot on it splay out to the side. They are just taped the normal width apart. Hope it can get those toes straightened out quickly. They don't like being in that little box listening to the other chicks' noises.
    Anyone with better ideas?
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by