1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick w/ weird poo(with pics), acting lethargic

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Winter1, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Winter1

Winter1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2015
    Virgina, USA
    I have an andalusion chick who is about 4 weeks old. She has been vaccinated for coccidiosis and mericks. She has been acting lethargic and her poop sometimes looks like there's a giant worm! I have her and the 2 chicks inside and their heat pad cave is at 80( because I was told to raise the temperature) Please help! Thanks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    That looks very strange indeed.

For starters, try giving her some water-soluble vitamins. This will not cure her but I find that it is a good practice to give sick birds a little vitamin boost to help them in the recovery process.

Secondly, I would take some of her poop to a vet to see if they can run a test on it. A lot of diseases/parasitic infestations can be diagnosed this way. The vet should be able to prescribe a treatment.

Wish I could be more specific...I've never seen anything like that before. Is she eating and drinking?

Best of luck,
    ~Gresh~

3. Winter1

Nov 29, 2015
    Virgina, USA
    Yeah she has been eating and drinking.

4. copper2

copper2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2015
    Searching for Bigfoot
    Maybe worms?

5. Winter1

Nov 29, 2015
    Virgina, USA
    She is actually doing better! I hadn't even taken her to the vet and yet she is just fine. I'm so happy she is ok. But thank for all the responds anyway! :D

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by