chick water help!!!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ducksarecool12, Nov 15, 2010.

1. ducksarecool12

ducksarecool12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2010
    oklahoma
    I just got some chicks and need to make a chick water right away what can i use and post some pics of yours

2. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    This is the one I just made yesterday. It has push in nipples from www.qcsupply.com. You can use any size container you want to and just put as many nipples in the bottom as you need. The nipples are less than $2 each and are great. You do not have to scrub your waterer out eveytime you turn around with them.
    [​IMG]
    Edited because I forgot the picture!

If you need something tonight right away, a cap off of a bottle, such as a pop bottle, works in a pinch, but typically gets knocked over or drank very quickly. It only works if they are very young chicks also.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  3. Ed62

Ed62 Chillin' With My Peeps

You could use a canning jar. There are pieces made that fit the threads on the jar, and you fill the jar with water, screw the top on, then flip it over. Inexpensive and very useful until they get bigger. Sorry, no pic.

Ed

4. LauraG

LauraG Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Upstate, NY
    When mine were chicks I had 3 push in nipples in a quart size jar. You can kinda see it here:

[​IMG]

I had it hanging down into their brooder (cut a hole in the screen top) by a metal plant hanger. You can kind of see it in the background here:

[​IMG]

Sorry, these are the only photos I have on hand...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by