Chick with a foot fetish

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Momto3, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Momto3

Momto3 Chirping

Mar 1, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    Ok I have this chick that goes around pecking the others feet, I mean she will chase them to peck at their feet. It is driving the others nuts, they cant rest when she does that. If I hold this said chick she will instantly fall asleep in my hands. Is she over stimulated/tired? Is that why she is doing that?

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    She probably thinks those other little toes look like worms. I'm not certain how to stop her. Is your brooder light red? That can be helpful.

3. Momto3

Momto3 Chirping

Mar 1, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    Yep it is red, the warm side is sitting at 95-96. They have fresh food & water. They are all sleeping now, thankfully. They are only 1wk old.

4. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    I got this 'no pick' stuff by Rooster Booster when my chicks were pecking at the Barred Rock's neck. I think they thought the barring was bugs. Anyway, I put a little of that on. They don't like the taste or texture. I had to constantly reapply it, but eventually it worked or they just out grew it. So, you could give that a try. Make sure no blood is drawn. They are cannabalistic little critters when they see blood.

(Edited for typo)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: