Chick with a twitch- Should I be concerned

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Pennington722, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Pennington722

Pennington722 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2013
    I have a 3 week old RIR, Rosie, whose neck started twitching about 45 min ago. It almost looks like a nervous tick. She is in the brooder with 12 other chicks of a similar age who seem fine. She is eating chick crumbles normally....she eats alot, and she has not yet been exposed to anything else, food wise. We have seen her drink. I have not added anything to their water either. I am new to this, so I don't know whether to panic, get some vitamins for their water, or just wait it out. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

2. rlh1

rlh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2013
    Carbondale KS
    I'm seeing the same thing in one of my chicks. The other one seems fine. It happens when she is asleep and awake.

3. Accidental Farm

Accidental Farm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2013
    I've seen it with my Bantam. As long as there are no issues with mobility, supporting their own weight, etc... (as those may be signs of a possible disease). I have not known it to cause any issues. Just adds a little character to your flock :)

4. Pennington722

Pennington722 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2013
    Thanks so much. It is definitely less today and she was even on the roost earlier, so I think she is okay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by