Chick with closed eye?

JudgeChunk

Chirping
Dec 27, 2020
I have this young serama thats got something with her eye. She did get pecked by mom when she was a few hours old and she was left with a bit of a scar.

I've been monitoring her for about a week. She eats and drinks normally. No foul odor or runny stools. The only thing wrong is her eye which she scratches at and occasionally keeps closed.

Is this something infectious? I got her separated from my main flock and believe me she's not having it. If it was an infection I thought it would have developed sometime after not weeks later? She can open her eye and does infrequently. She can still see out of it also.

Attachments

• 20211111_165613.jpg
    20211111_165613.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211111_165601.jpg
    20211111_165601.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 3
I have this young serama thats got something with her eye. She did get pecked by mom when she was a few hours old and she was left with a bit of a scar.

I've been monitoring her for about a week. She eats and drinks normally. No foul odor or runny stools. The only thing wrong is her eye which she scratches at and occasionally keeps closed.

Is this something infectious? I got her separated from my main flock and believe me she's not having it. If it was an infection I thought it would have developed sometime after not weeks later? She can open her eye and does infrequently. She can still see out of it also.
Sounds like she has something irritating her eye.

Back
Top Bottom